Get a Library Card
To get a new library card you may fill out the form below.
If you would like to renew your card, you may complete the below form and select Yes to the first question.
You may also renew your card in person at the library or call us at 717.436.6378.
JCL Borrowing Policies
Here are the rules to follow, so everyone gets a chance to borrow the goods!
Length of checkouts:
- Check out library books, audiobooks, and music for two weeks. Unlimited items per checkout. Overdue fee is $0.25 per item, per day.
- Check out DVD's and video games for one week. Limit 10 per family. Overdue fee is $1 per item, per day.
- If a hold has been placed (by another library member) on the title you have borrowed/rented, then it cannot be renewed and should be returned by your due date.
For your Convenience:
- You may place up to five holds on any physical library materials.
- You may place up to five holds on digital items. Visit our eBranch to download eBooks and eAudio books.
- Items can be renewed online, via phone, or at the library in-person.
- Incurred fees may be paid at the library.
- Lost library cards may be replaced for a $1 fee.
- Your card is considered active for a one-year period.
If you have items that are overdue, you will need to return or renew them,and have your fines under $20 prior to checking out additional items.
- $3/week for Video Games.
- $1/week for DVD's.
- $0.25/day for CDs, Books, and Audio Books.
- $0.25/printed side for black and white copies or printouts. $1/printed side for color copies.
- $1.25/page for faxing.
- In the event of lost items, patrons must pay for the item replacement and a $5 processing fee.
Maximum fine accrual is $20, after which checkout privileges are limited.