Who can be a library advocate? Anyone who cares about America's libraries! Library advocates play a key role in educating our communities about why libraries and librarians are essential in an information society.
While the ALA Washington Office advocates at the federal level for legislation that preserves and promotes fundamental library values by lobbying Congress, partners and works with others “inside the Beltway” and beyond, and engages in grassroots advocacy on behalf of the public, your voice helps determine the success or failure of legislation.
Call your Senators and ask them to support federal library funding!
Text Resist to 50409 or message on Facebook to find out who represents you in Congress and deliver your message to them in under 2 minutes. This faxes your message in an official document format and gets your voice directly to your representative. Service provided by Resistbot.
Government representatives for Juniata County residents
State and Local
- Perry Stambaugh (R), Pennsylvania State Representative for Juniata County (District 86)
(717) 436-6001 (Mifflintown Office) | https://www.repperrystambaugh.com | Office Locations
- Judy Ward (R), State Senator serving Juniata County (District 30)
(717) 210-5700 (Mifflin County Office) | https://senatorjudyward.com | Office Locations
- John Joyce (R), U.S. Representative in the 13th Congressional district of Pennsylvania
(202) 225-2431 | https://johnjoyce.house.gov | Office Locations
- John Fetterman (D), U.S. Senator for Pennsylvania
(202) 224-4254 | https://www.fetterman.senate.gov | Office Locations
- Bob Casey Jr. (D), U.S. Senator for Pennsylvania
(202) 224-6324 | https://www.casey.senate.gov | Office Locations
- The Best Ways to Contact Your Congresspeople, From a Former Staffer
- How to Contact and Properly Communicate with Your Government Representatives
- How to Call Your Members of Congress When You Have Social Anxiety
- Call to Action Makes It Easy to Find and Call Your Congressional Representative
- How to Get Through to Your Member of Congress When Their Phones Are Slammed
- This App Sends Your Message to Your Congressperson’s Voicemail—And Also to The Entire World
- Text Your Members of Congress With Resistbot
- How to Make Your Voice Heard in Politics Between Elections
- American Library Association (ALA) Advocacy website