In need of affordable, high-speed internet? Or do you want to take the internet with you on your upcoming trip? Check out a mobile hotspot at the library for only $10 for 2-weeks or $20 for a month. It gives you fast UNLIMITED 4G LTE data that is easy to use and secure.
**You will need your library card number and PIN/Password. Please Contact Us if you have questions.**=
Have you used one of our hotspots? Please complete our brief survey so that we can evaluate this service.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a mobile hotspot? It is a wireless router that makes mobile Wi-Fi (wireless internet). This can give wireless internet to your devices, including laptops, tablets, phones, or devices running on Android, Windows or iOS.
- How does it work? Simply turn on the device (instruction included) and go to the wireless screen on your device. You will get a charging cable to keep the device powered. An instructional brochure with screenshots will also be included as well as secure passwords for when you use the device.
- How do I reserve a hotspot? Hotspots can be reserved online using your library card, over the phone, or in person.
- Will this work where I live? This device relies on cell service. According to the map for Juniata County, there is coverage throughout the area until you go west of Walnut. See the below map or visit http://coverage.sprint.com/ to plug in a zip code and see if coverage is available. Above is a screenshot of coverage in Juniata County. Please be sure to check if your address has coverage. If it does not, it will not work.
- Is there a data limit? No! There is unlimited data available from this device and it can be used by up to 10 devices at once. It will give off 3G, 4G, and 4G LTE data depending on the area and signal strength.
- Can I renew the hotspot I currently have checked out? As long as there is not a waiting list you may renew the device. However, the mobile hotspots are in high demand and there often is a waitlist. Renewals will incur additional fees depending on the borrowing time requested.
- Can I reserve the hotspot for a future date? Due to their high demand, we cannot guarantee your reservation will be fulfilled on a given future date.