Frequently Asked Questions
I returned my items, why do they appear overdue on My Account?
To ensure the safety of staff and patrons, items are quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours prior to check in, and will still show on your account during this period. Please wait at least 7 days before contacting the library regarding a returned item remaining on your account.
How do I Return My Books?
You may return your books by placing them in our outdoor book drop. It is unlocked at all times.
What types of Items Can I Request?
At this time, we are only circulating a limited collection of materials for the safety of our patrons and staff. You may borrow any book, DVD, book on CD or magazine. We plan to resume access to additional collections as we expand our service capacity. Thank you for your patience as we work towards serving the community in a safe manner.
Items currently not requestable
- Concept Kits
- Games & Toys
- Reference Materials
- Instruments & Equipment
- Community Passes
How do I Get a Library Card?
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to ensure easy access to all of our electronic resources.
- Get a library card for the first time
- Renew your current or expired library card (library cards need to be renewed every year)
- Get a replacement of your physical library card
- Update your contact information on my current library card
To do any of the above:
- Go to: https://www.juniatalibrary.org/using-library/get-a-library-card
- Enter your information in all fields.
- Your permanent library card will be mailed to you in 7-10 business days.
- If you have not received your library card in the mail within 7-10 business days, please contact us.
Need help? Email us at email@example.com
I am trying to get eBooks but I get an error.
Most likely your library card needs to be renewed. Visit https://www.juniatalibrary.org/using-library/get-a-library-card or contact us at 717.436.6378 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily renew your library card.
How can I Get Updates on Library Services & Events?
Subscribe to our weekly Library Champion newsletter and follow our social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram) as we continue to post updates during this rapidly-evolving situation, and thank you for your patience as we determine the best course to continue providing library services while protecting the health of our visitors, volunteers and staff.