Friends of the Juniata County Library Book Sale
March 17-21, 2020
New and gently used books, videos, CDs, and other items for sale
Bags and flats provided
Cash and check accepted
Located in Book Sale Room (lower level) - handicap accessible
498 Jefferson St. Mifflintown, PA
The used book and media sale occurs 3-4 times a year. The sale is held in the book sale room during regular business hours.
The Friends of the Juniata County Library appreciate the wonderful donations of books and media from the public. Donations may be brought to the front desk of the library during regular business hours.
Your book/media donations are instrumental in funding many of the Juniata County Library's programs and services each year. These programs include but are not limited to summer reading for kids and adults, programs for babies and children, current technological devices, furniture, and much more.
The following books cannot be accepted:
- moldy, mildewed or smelly
- underlined, highlighted, or have many dog-eared pages
- dirty, smudged or otherwise “weathered”
- torn, missing pages or have broken spines
- pamphlets or books with stapled or spiral bindings
- encyclopedias, English dictionaries
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- National Geographic magazines
- reference books or textbooks
- VHS tapes
- Please drop off your donation at the library during regular business hours. If you have a large donation, please stop in and ask for a staff member to assist you.
Our donation guidelines may seem daunting, but our goal is to sell as many books/media as we can in order to support library programs. Over the years, we have learned what sells and, with thousands of donations coming in each month, it makes the job of our volunteers easier if there is less waste to process. Thank you so much for your support.